Thursday, March 10, 2011

Writing on Wednesday (2)

Read the following question and write a response, that's it!

IF YOU COULD MEET ANY WRITER (ALIVE OR DECEASED), WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHAT WOULD YOU DISCUSS?

My Answer: If I could meet any writer, I would definitely choose the late, great William Faulkner. The man was a literary genius and his works are by far the most unique pieces of literature I have ever read. I would love to ask him to explain the stream-of-consciousness method he used to write The Sound of Fury and As I Lay Dying. I'm amazed every time I read  these two books - only the most brilliant of writers could have created works with such imaginative power & psychological depth. 

For more information about William Faulkner & his works, visit Ole Miss University's William Faulkner on the Web

Links to my favorite Faulkner works:

The Sound and the Fury (Vintage Paperback Edition)  As I Lay Dying (Vintage Paperback Edition)  
Collected Stories of William Faulkner
("Barn Burning" & "A Rose for Emily")

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree I would love to meet William Faulkner too! I had no clue about him until I took a class on work. Amazing!

Mandy Lum said...

So glad there is another Faulkner fan out there! Have you read any Hemingway or Steinbeck? If you like the great American writers, you should definitely read The Snows of Kilamanjaro and The Grapes of Wrath. Those are two of my favorites :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...