Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thinking on Thursday #3

Q: IF YOU WERE WRITING A PARANORMAL/FANTASY NOVEL, IN WHAT CITY WOULD YOUR STORY TAKE PLACE AND WHY?

A: At the moment, I'm working on my very first urban fantasy novel, yay! The story will be set mainly in New Orleans, but some of the action will take place in the nearby River Parishes and possibly on the coast of Mississippi (Bay of St. Louis, Gulfport, & Bilouxi). I'm from Reserve, Louisiana which is a small town about halfway between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, and I spent my wonderful undergraduate years in the city (sniffle sniffle, boy do I miss that place). I also have family in southern Mississipi.  I definitely want to incorporate all of the places I know and love into my novel. New Orleans is one of my favorite places - the history of the city is absolutely amazing, and I have endless amounts of paranormal folklore to work with. It's one of the most beautiful, culturally rich places on the planet and the perfect setting for my story.



2 comments:

Cait said...

Great question!

I would base my story in Manchester, in North West England. There aren't enough books based in England, especially not in the north, plus it's a pretty cool industrial city and very diverse!

Mandy Lum said...

Nice answer :) I've never been to England or any part of Europe, so I enjoy reading stories set in that part of the world - I can totally relate to the urban atmosphere, and I love the mystery of an unknown place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...