Monday, March 21, 2011

Music Monday #3


This week's featured song is "Can't You See"

by The Marshall Tucker Band




This is one of my all-time favorite songs. I spent a little time with my family yesterday at a fundraiser for St. John the Baptist Parish Relay for Life hosted by one of our local bar & grills, Fatty's, and the local band who volunteered for the event played this. I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I could listen to this song all day every day. It reminds me of my father, and yes I'm daddy's little girl, so of course it has a special place in my heart along with all of the other songs I heard while I was growing up. Let's just say when it comes to music, I have an old soul, and I truly appreciate the musical influence that my father has had on my life. Hope you all enjoy this song as much as I do.



To check out all the songs on my playlist, Click Here.


4 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

Great tune- music is such a great tool for mood control. ;D I too have an old soul - my father more then mother taught me about books, poetry and music. He passed on his love of Bob Dylan and Van Morrison to me, amongst loads of others. I do so miss the old goat. Thankd for linking up over at Monday Madness. ;D X

Mandy Lum said...

Thanks for stopping by Shah. I think fathers were put on this earth for several reasons: (1)to always provide a shoulder for their little girls to cry on, (2)to protect us, or nearly drive themselves crazy trying, & (3)to force us to listen to every one of their dusty old vinyl albums, even though we hate it when we're young, so that we will love and appreciate those amazing songs and musicians later in life and think about them every time we hear one of those songs. LOL!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Great song! Thanks for posting this, I'd never heard it before.

BTW, I'm a daddy's girl too!

Mandy Lum said...

Glad you liked it NaKesha. I love 60s and 70s rock music, but not only the hard rock like Zepplin, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, etc., but also the more mellow, bluesy rock like The Marshall Tucker Band, Jethro Tull, and Joe Cocker. Maybe it's because I'm a Southern girl - I just can't get enough of that laid back, southern rock! Love Swamp Pop too - kind of a collaboration of blue grass, swing, and rock - I bet you would love it! Check out "Keep on Smiling" by the Wet Willie Band, it's one of my favs.

And Daddy's girls rock! lol

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...