Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thinking On Thursday (1)

Here's something to think about:

IF A FANTASY AUTHOR OF YOUR CHOICE HAS GIVEN YOU 100% CREATIVE CONTROL IN CONTINUING ONE OF HIS/HER STORIES (OR DOING A PREQUEL), WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH THIS POWER? 


Obviously these answers will have some spoilers, so readers please be careful not to read any responses about books or series that you plan on reading but haven't started yet.  


My Answer: If I had complete creative control to continue any story, I would definitely continue Rachel Vincent's Shifters series. I would love to take Faythe & Marc's relationship to the next level - marriage and children! Since Fayth has never been the typical tabby, I think it would be very interesting if her first born child was a girl. That would definitely make things more complicated.


I would also continue the story with Jace taking over his stepfather's Pride. I can totally see Jace calling Faythe after a few months to tell her that there has been some trouble brewing and that he needs her help. I can imagine European werecats coming into the country in attempt to take over the weakest pride first, and since Jace has so many problems to fix as the new Alpha, he's the #1 target.


Last but not least, I would love to see Kaci fall in love with a stray, just as Faythe did with Marc. She would be following in Faythe's footsteps, which isn't exactly a bad thing. 


I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS QUESTION!

You might also like…
Writing on WednesdayTop Ten Tuesay, and Movie Monday

5 comments:

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

I haven't finished the Shifter series, but reads who have keep telling me that it should keep going.

It would be nice to read a series that goes into life of the couple being married and having kids. It always seems like they get married and the series or book for them ends.

Bree said...

I read your comment at Totally Obsessed! Finally another person who likes Winter the best! Yay I thought I was the only one.

Mandy Lum said...

Shara - I completely agree!

Bree - Wow, I can't believe there is another person out there who loves winter! Cold weather makes me happy :)

Archimedes said...

Aww man you are trying to make my life difficult.... I'm going to kick this old school and cliche. I wish stephanie neyer would continue the dang twilight series from edward's perspective. I think that was her best writing and since its the series that brought me back to reading as an adult I have a slight attachment to it. Not the best series I have read writing wise but I think that the excerpt from Midnight Sun was some of her best work since she grew as an author. I would love to see a continued conflict with the vulturi.

Mandy Lum said...

Dude, I totally almost said the same thing! It had been years since I had read for enjoyment, and then this wonderful friend of mine gave me the entire series for Christmas (*wink), and I absolutely fell in love with the story. But it ended so abruptly! I need closure! And I loved the excerpt from Midnight Sun as well (maybe even better than it being told from Bella's point of view).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...