Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tgif #8


BOOK BLOGGER HOP AND FOLLOW ME FRIDAY! YAY!


And this week's question is..

WHAT IS THE BOOK THAT YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO ADMIT TO LOVING??

   

Ok, here's the cheesiest answer ever - I absolutely love Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877 by Eric Foner as well as Highbrow/Lowbrow: The Emergence of Cultural Hierarchy in America by Lawrence Levine. Yeah, I majored in history and I'm a total dork, lol. I'll take this a step further since I'm also a movie buff and shamefully admit that Labyrinth, starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly, is one of my all-time favorite movies. I really can't believe I just admitted one of my darkest secrets, hahaha. For those of you who have seen this movie, I swear, I am not crazy, just totally obsessed with David Bowie.

Book Blogger Hop

SINCE TODAY IS APRIL FOOL'S DAY IN THE USA, WHAT IS THE BEST PRANK YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED ON SOMEONE OR THAT SOMEONE HAS PLAYED ON YOU?

Fun Question! This is another dorky answer - last year, the principal of the school where I was teaching announced at the end of the day that "due to a shortage of dairy products in Louisiana, we will no longer have pizza, ice cream, or grated cheese for the chili mac in the cafeteria." The chili mac was the highlight of everyone's week, and there was this roar of angry students and teachers coming from every classroom. Then she politely announced, "April Fool's." Trust me when I say that she was not well-liked by the students, parents or faculty, and after that little scare, I put her at the top of my hit list, lol. And karma can be a nastly little thing, because she was let go at the end of the year. Guess she'll never mess with anyone's chili mac again.





14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Just hopping by and following through. I thought it was actually quite funny of her!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
www.bookdout.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Hello,

Just stopping by from the blog hop. Have a great weekend! I don't have any good pranks haha.

Bookgirl ( My Book Addiction )
old follower

Ramblings of a Part time Druid said...

New follower just stopping by. There;s nothing shameful about liking the Labyrinth. I loved the movie and have tried to go the masquerade they do each year in Los Angeles.. I think David Bowie was a hottie in the movie.. but then .. I think Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow is crazy hot.. lol.

Have a great friday and weekend.

Kitten
kittenreads.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, stopping by from the blog hop. I love your background, very cool. I'm a new follower. Hope you hop to my blog http://fantasybookchick.blogspot.com

Mandy Lum said...

Thanks for the comments and follows :) I'm having a super duper busy day and an even more hectic weekend, so hopefully I'll eventually get to stop by all of your blogs before Sunday.

Kitten - Johnny Depp would be hot if he were covered in garbage, lol.

Have a great weekend!

kathy said...

Hi, just hopping by. That is a crazy story about the principal. Who knew people took chili mac so seriously? :)
I'm following your blog. If you get a chance stop by mine: readthisinstead.blogspot.com
kathy

Mandy Lum said...

Thanks Kathy :) Will do!

Jenny said...

Hi Kathy! Chili mac is an important dish, you don't mess with people's love of food:) If anyone threatens my chocolate, they should fear my wrath;) I'm a new follower here and it seems like we are looking forward to a lot of the same books so I'm glad to have found your blog on the hop! Hope you have a great weekend:)

Jenny
www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

NEVER ever joke about food :( Well with me that is. so i could see how that prank really made people upset haha. New follower (:

Here`s mine:
http://studdedkissya.blogspot.com/2011/04/follow-friday-book-blogger-hop.html

Kristi The Book Faery said...

Can't believe you'd be embarrassed about Labrynth! That movie rocks! On my FB page it's listed as one of my favorite movies, LOL!
Be proud of it! Labrynth Geeks Unite!

I'm a new follower!

Check out my pranks!

Kristi-The Book Faery

Anonymous said...

Damn, you guys take your chilli seriously! LOL But I totally agree with everyone that food is not to be messed with. Bad things happen when someone messes with my food. Especially when I'm hungry!

New follower :) Thanks for dropping by!

Elizabeth said...

Awwwww...poor principal.

I am stopping by from the blog hop.

Hope you have a fun blog hop.

Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Mandy Lum said...

Thanks for all the comments and follows! I never expected so many people would respond to the chili mac comment, lmao.

Have a great weekend!

Archimedes said...

Don't mess with cajuns and our food!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...